Boat heads are an important part of any boat, whether it is a small fishing vessel or a large luxury yacht. Boat heads are a necessary component in order to provide a safe and comfortable environment for passengers and crew. They provide a space to store supplies and equipment, a place to sleep and relax, and a place to take care of basic sanitation needs. Boat heads come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and materials to suit the needs of the boat and its passengers. They are a necessary part of any boat and can make a big difference in the overall comfort and safety of the boat.
Top 10 Boat Heads [Editor Picks]
- Powerful self-priming pump allows installation above or below the waterline
- Reversible mounting gives the option to install the pump on the right or left
- Flexible design makes it suitable for either overboard or holding tank discharge.
- Corrosion-resistant materials throughout permit salt and fresh water service
- Fastenings face front or top for ease of maintenance. Crevice-free contours and smooth moldings for added hygiene
- Self-priming pump can be installed above or below waterline
- Suitable for raw or fresh water
- Ceramic bowl with baked enamel finish wooden seat
- Built-in back flow and flooding protection
- Can be adjusted for left or right handed usage
- An Integral self-priming rinse pump designed to bring Sea, river or Lake water into the Bowl Comes standard
- A flexible design makes it suitable for overboard or holding Tank discharge
- A built-in backflow preventer Guards against flooding and waste return
- Corrosion-resistant materials throughout permit fresh or salt water service
- Can be mounted 3' (1M) above or below the waterline with appropriate plumbing
- ULTRA ABSORBENT MOP HEAD REPLACEMENT: Our large high density shammy strands are made from ultra soft and absorbent synthetic strands that work to quickly wash various surfaces and soak up tons of excess water. Absorb 2x as much as mop cloth refills.
- WILL NOT SCRATCH, LEAVE BEHIND LINT, OR WATER-MARKS: Designed to wet clean without harming delicate surfaces making it ideal to clean your RV, boat or decking and floor. Lint-free and streak-free unlike cheap microfiber mop head refill options.
- DURABLE LONG LIFE: Our synthetic chamois mop head is strong, washable, and designed to work over and over for multiple seasons. Comes with a 3/4" Acme thread to work with a standard mop pole or a telescoping mop handle for hard to reach areas.
- CLEANS MULTI-SURFACES: Our commercial mop head is safe mop refill for cleaning fiberglass, gel-coat, vinyl, metal, plastic, wood and glass. Superior to cheap cotton or micro fiber. Works great with our Better Boat telescoping extension poles!
- WHY BETTER BOAT: We are a family owned American business committed to making premium quality boat and RV care and cleaning supplies. We stand behind your satisfaction and our products including our floor mop heads.
- Walker, Campbell (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 128 Pages - 11/02/2021 (Publication Date) - Hardie Grant (Publisher)
- Time to personify a sharks
- Many sharks to get unlocked
- Intuitive touch
- Cool soundtrack
- Cool graphics
- Factory sealed DVD
- Howard Keel, Kathryn Grayson, Betty Hutton (Actors)
- English, French, Spanish (Subtitles)
- Audience Rating: NR (Not Rated)
- FAST SCRUBBING POWER: Power scrubber tool designed to clean up to 2x faster than a manual scrubber
- TIME SAVINGS: Oscillating head scrubs 60 times per second
- WATER RESISTANT: Liquid resistant assembly for durability you expect from Rubbermaid
- 2 DIFFERENT SETTINGS: Pulse and continuous scrubbing settings
- ERGONOMIC GRIP: Soft comfortable grip
Buying Guide for Boat Heads
Buying a boat head is an important decision. It’s important to make sure you get the right one for your boat, and that you understand the features and options available. This guide will help you make an informed decision when it comes time to buy a boat head.
Types of Boat Heads
The first step in choosing a boat head is to decide which type of head is best for your boat. There are several types of boat heads to choose from.
Manual Heads: Manual boat heads are the most common type of head. They are manually operated and require you to manually flush the toilet. This type of head is great for smaller boats, as they are easy to use and require minimal maintenance.
Electric Heads: Electric boat heads are more expensive than manual heads, but they are much more convenient. They are powered by electricity and flush automatically. This type of head is great for larger boats, as it eliminates the need to manually flush the toilet.
Composting Heads: Composting heads are the most environmentally friendly option. They use natural bacteria to break down waste, eliminating the need for chemical treatment. They are more expensive than manual and electric heads, but they are a great option for those who want to reduce their environmental impact.
Features to Consider
Once you’ve decided on the type of head you want, there are several features to consider.
Size: Make sure to get a head that is the right size for your boat. A head that is too small will be difficult to use, while one that is too large will take up too much space.
Capacity: The capacity of the head will determine how often you need to empty it. If you plan to use the head frequently, you’ll want to get one with a larger capacity.
Maintenance: Different types of heads require different levels of maintenance. Manual heads require more frequent maintenance than electric or composting heads. Make sure you choose a head that is easy to maintain.
Cost: Cost is always a factor when making a purchase. Make sure to compare prices to get the best deal.
Choosing the right boat head can be a difficult decision, but it doesn’t have to be. With this guide, you can make an informed decision that will ensure you get the best head for your boat.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best material to use for a boat head?
The best material to use for a boat head depends on the type of boat and the purpose of the boat head. Generally, fiberglass or aluminum are the most popular materials used for boat heads. Fiberglass is lightweight, durable, and relatively easy to repair. Aluminum is also lightweight and durable, but it is more difficult to repair. Both materials are also resistant to corrosion, which is important for boats that will be exposed to salt water.
2. How often should a boat head be serviced?
A boat head should be serviced at least once a year, or more often if the boat is used frequently. It is important to check the hoses and fittings for wear and tear, and replace any that are damaged. Additionally, the head should be cleaned and lubricated periodically to ensure proper operation.
3. How do I know when my boat head needs to be replaced?
If your boat head is leaking, cracked, or otherwise damaged, it likely needs to be replaced. You may also want to replace it if it is older than 10-15 years, depending on the type of head and how often it has been used. Additionally, if the head is not functioning properly, such as not flushing, it may need to be replaced.
Keith Fowler is an experienced sports and fitness writer providing engaging and informative content to a wide range of publications.
Keith has a passion for fitness and sports and is constantly looking for ways to share his knowledge and experience with a wider audience. He has written for numerous national and international publications and websites, and has also published several books on sports and fitness.
Keith has a Bachelor's degree in Sports Science, which has enabled him to gain a deep understanding of the physiology of exercise and sports. He is a qualified personal trainer, and has also worked as a strength and conditioning coach for a variety of teams.
Keith's writing covers a wide range of topics, from nutrition and exercise to sports psychology and sports performance. He is an avid reader, and loves to research and explore new ideas. He is also a keen speaker, and regularly gives talks and seminars on various sports and fitness topics.
Keith is passionate about helping people reach their fitness and health goals, and loves to share his knowledge with others. He is a firm believer in the power of physical activity and believes that it can be the key to a happier and healthier life.